Charon Arts Waiver
By accepting these terms below you (the client) specifically acknowledge that you have been advised of the conditions set forth and you agree as follows:
Tattoo Consent, Release and Waiver of All Claims
- You understand that a tattoo is created by injecting ink into the dermis (skin) using pre-sterilized single use needles, puncturing the skin at a high cycle rate.
- You acknowledge that you are not pregnant
- You are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs and voluntarily agree to be tattooed by the artist.
- You acknowledge that it is not reasonably possible for the representatives of Charon Arts to determine whether you may have an allergic reaction to the inks, ointments, and adhesives, and agree to accept the risk that such a reaction is possible.
- You acknowledge that an infection is a possible result from obtaining a tattoo if you do not properly care for the tattoo. You also understand that some of the complications arising from a tattoo can include bruising, scarring, bleeding, skin or blood infection, allergic reaction to inks, and nerve and tissue damage.
- You acknowledge that this tattoo is not a perfect copy of the given image. You are aware of the tattoo artists abilities and have seen their portfolios and accept their chosen style.
- You acknowledge that you have been given the opportunity to ask all questions necessary about the tattoo design and process and they have been answered to your satisfaction.
- You acknowledge receipt of written aftercare instructions (below) advising you as to the proper care of your tattoo, and recognize the necessity of following those instructions.
- You acknowledge that a tattoo is a permanent change to your appearance and that no representations have been made to you as to the ability to later change or remove the tattoo, and also understand that if attempts are made to remove such tattoo, that the tattoo may not be completely removed and that scarring may occur.
- You acknowledge that obtaining that tattoo is your choice alone, and consent to the application of this tattoo and any actions or conduct of the representatives of Charon Arts reasonably necessary to perform the tattooing procedure.
- You agree to release and forever discharge and hold harmless Charon Arts and its agents, officers, and employees from any and all claims, damages, or legal actions arising from or connected in any way to the tattoo or procedures and conduct used to apply your tattoo.
- You acknowledge that you have read the entirety of this form provided by Charon Arts.
Medical Conditions to be aware of:
- Mitral valve prolapse and other heart valve abnormalities – Persons with these conditions might be advised to receive antibiotics by the client’s health care provider prior to receiving a tattoo.
- Herpes – Persons with a history of herpes are at increased risk of a recurrence of herpes in that area. Antiviral medication taken before and after the procedure can reduce the likelihood of a recurrence.
- Allergies to latex – Persons with allergies to latex can react gloves. Allergic reactions vary in severity, but can be severe and life-threatening.
- Allergies to antibiotics – Persons with allergies to antibiotics can react to antibiotic ointment applied to the skin. Allergic reactions vary in severity, but can be severe and life-threatening.
- Diabetes – Persons with diabetes, especially those who must take insulin, impaired healing. They should be cleared by a physician before having the procedure.
- Hemophilia, other bleeding disorders, and use of anticoagulant medications – Persons with these conditions can bleed excessively during and after the procedure.
- Medications – Blood thinners (Coumadin, Warfarin, and aspirin) affect bleeding.
- Autoimmune disorders – Persons with these disorders might have impaired healing. They should be cleared by a physician before receiving a tattoo
- Pregnancy – Trauma to the fetus can occur during tattooing
Please make us aware of any medical conditions and/or medications you have / use in the purchase notes for your deposit.
- By accepting these terms, you state that, to your knowledge, you have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, and are not contagious.
- Currently the studio is mask optional if you are fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Please sanitize your hands upon arrival.
- We are happy to wear masks upon request from the client.
- You are allowed to bring someone with you if they are also vaccinated and boosted.
- If you contract Covid-19, and contact me ahead of time, I will hold your deposit and we can reschedule at a safe time.
- If you show up on the day of your appointment and show signs of illness, I will not tattoo you and your deposit will be forfeit.